Skip to main content

Just In: Ahmad Lawan's aid steps down

Photo credit: TheCable 

Following the controversy surrounding the reappointment of former Senate president's aids, Senator Bukola Saraki, by the new Senate president, Senator Ahmad Lawan. The newly appointed special adviser to Senator Lawan on New media, has stepped down on Sunday.

In the memo obtained by TheCable on Sunday, Olu Onemola stated that he recused himself from taking the National assignment because of the controversy and outrage it has sparked from the APC quarter.

“As an individual who prides myself in always setting a high standard and significant precedents I feel honoured to have been asked to fill this vital role in the service of our great country,” he said.

“I thank you sir, for the offer to continue on to serve and promote the work of the 9th Senate of the Federal Republic which I am sure is home out of your patriotic desire to serve the Nigerian people.

“However, at this time, given my personal antecedents, and the controversy that this has generated, I would respectfully like to be excused from taking up this national assignment.

“It is my hope that whoever does fill this role, builds upon what we have started in terms of opening up the activities of the Nigerian Senate to the public.

“I will be ready and available in whatever way to give my recommendations if and when requested as the new team begins its work.

 “I have communicated my decision to the Chief of Staff, Babagana Muhammad Aji, and I wish the new team all the best as they work to meet the demands of the Nigerian people.”

This is coming days after a group known as All Progressive Congress APC Stakeholders forum, accused Senator Lawan of rewarding those who condemned the activities of the APC and also insulted President Buhari. Therefore resulted in the in the withdrawal of the appointment of Festus Adedayo as his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity. 

This News can be verified on TheCable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[video] China releases a cartoon to mock US over it's accusations

China releases a bizarre Lego-like cartoon, mocking US COVID-19 response after the communist country has been criticized by the US president Donald Trump, for allegedly poor handling of the health crisis.  While China has reported no fatalities from the virus in the country over the past week, the white House has accused China of concealing vital data about the pandemic during it's initial stage, and therefore ordered an investigation into reports that COVID-19 had been caused by an accident at Wuhan institute of virology.  In a short video clip posted by China's official news agency Xinhua, the Chinese slammed the accusation against them, claiming that the US was inconsistent at various stages of the pandemic. Once Upon a Virus, #China responds to the #USA with a cartoon. Thank you @XHNews pic.twitter.com/KcMkvzHilW — tim anderson (@timand2037) April 30, 2020

100 Level Uniport student commits suicide due to depression

A 100 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Port-Harcourt, identified as Hikmat Gbadamosi, has died in a circumstance suspected to be suicide.  Hilbert has been battling with a medical condition since birth, which causes her pain. It is assumed by her friends  that as a result of this terminal illness, Hikmat retorted to taking her own life, by consuming poisonous substance. Instablog reports.  Her friends who discovered her lifeless body, stated that her absence in the test they had a day before, prompted them to mobilize and go to her lodge, where her corpse was found.

Video: I am not Naira Marley's enemy, but we are not friends- Simi

Singer Simi has cleared the air over an allegation levelled against her by Nigerian Afro pop singer, Naira Marley, at a recent event. Simi during a special session on BEAT FM, stated that she does not carry grudges against the singer. She went further to state that she is not a friend to Naira Marley, and at the same time, not his enemy.  On the event that took place where he alleged that Simi snubbed him, Simi denied the allegation,saying that they did not talk to each other or make eye contact.  See  what she wrote below; “To be honest with you, I have zero issues with Naira Marley, I don’t have anything against him, he is not my enemy. We are not friends, we are not enemies. I saw him coming, we did not make eyes contacts, he did not talk to me, I did not talk to him. It is funny because he didn’t do anything to me, he did not directly disrespect me…he is not the first person that would say what he is saying. “I’m not a stupid person, I’m not goin...