Skip to main content

Jumping into international deals, Burna Boy is 100% correct - Tiwa savage

Singer Tiwa savage has given a nod to Burna Boy's warning that Nigerian musicians should be wary of jumping into international deals.
Days past, there has been controversy trailing the internet over what the "Gbona" crooner said in regards to Nigerian musicians embracing international deals, some on a par with  him over his observation, and some saying that it is an act of jealousy, and probably because he has not been opportuned to grab such deals.
Tiwa savage who is a beneficiary of such deal, and who recently signed a bogus deal with the entertainment giant Universal Music Group, during an interview with BellaNaija, stated that “I think it’s important for artists to be 100% sure and aware of what they’re getting themselves into, especially when it comes to contracts. .

 Burna is 1000% correct. People took it out of context, maybe. It’s a great advice to any artist: make sure you see your lawyers and do your personal research. It took me a year to conclude this deal.

 It took that long for a reason. It took a year to convince them that I don’t want this and I want that and this is the reason why. They understood. I feel blessed in the position I’m in. .

 I have an amazing deal with UMG and I agree with Burna that while we’re pushing Africa to the World, we need to be careful that we don’t lose ourselves. I think that’s what he’s trying to say.” The music diva said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[video] China releases a cartoon to mock US over it's accusations

China releases a bizarre Lego-like cartoon, mocking US COVID-19 response after the communist country has been criticized by the US president Donald Trump, for allegedly poor handling of the health crisis.  While China has reported no fatalities from the virus in the country over the past week, the white House has accused China of concealing vital data about the pandemic during it's initial stage, and therefore ordered an investigation into reports that COVID-19 had been caused by an accident at Wuhan institute of virology.  In a short video clip posted by China's official news agency Xinhua, the Chinese slammed the accusation against them, claiming that the US was inconsistent at various stages of the pandemic. Once Upon a Virus, #China responds to the #USA with a cartoon. Thank you @XHNews pic.twitter.com/KcMkvzHilW — tim anderson (@timand2037) April 30, 2020

100 Level Uniport student commits suicide due to depression

A 100 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Port-Harcourt, identified as Hikmat Gbadamosi, has died in a circumstance suspected to be suicide.  Hilbert has been battling with a medical condition since birth, which causes her pain. It is assumed by her friends  that as a result of this terminal illness, Hikmat retorted to taking her own life, by consuming poisonous substance. Instablog reports.  Her friends who discovered her lifeless body, stated that her absence in the test they had a day before, prompted them to mobilize and go to her lodge, where her corpse was found.

Video: I am not Naira Marley's enemy, but we are not friends- Simi

Singer Simi has cleared the air over an allegation levelled against her by Nigerian Afro pop singer, Naira Marley, at a recent event. Simi during a special session on BEAT FM, stated that she does not carry grudges against the singer. She went further to state that she is not a friend to Naira Marley, and at the same time, not his enemy.  On the event that took place where he alleged that Simi snubbed him, Simi denied the allegation,saying that they did not talk to each other or make eye contact.  See  what she wrote below; “To be honest with you, I have zero issues with Naira Marley, I don’t have anything against him, he is not my enemy. We are not friends, we are not enemies. I saw him coming, we did not make eyes contacts, he did not talk to me, I did not talk to him. It is funny because he didn’t do anything to me, he did not directly disrespect me…he is not the first person that would say what he is saying. “I’m not a stupid person, I’m not goin...