Skip to main content

I was laughing when I red what he said about me being the poorest actor in Nollywood

Nollywood actor, Charles Awurum has reacted to Bobrisky's clap back at him, over his outburst, that Bobrisky should not be featured in movies, because of his gay tendencies.
In an interview with Saturday beatz, the actor said “I don’t even want to make further statements about this issue. What I said was for posterity sake. When they started producing pornographic movies in Asaba, I was one of the people who cried out about it. I don’t want to make further statements about Bobrisky; I just aired my opinion about the movie industry. Our movie industry is turning into something else.
“People now want to make money anyhow because there isn’t much money in the industry anymore. The industry is not making money; instead of being paid for their services; they pay to render their services,”
He went further and stated that, “There was a time I was watching a movie and the theme and plot of the movie were not properly organised. The scenes were not synchronised at all.  Our movies now lack good stories; the themes are disjointed. Our television stations air these movies without vetting them.
“All these sex scenes are not part of our culture. People are free to live their lives the way they want but they should bear this in mind – promoting cross-dressers will cause the next generation to buy into it. One day, a President will just approve homosexuality. That is what I am bothered about; I didn’t mean to insult anybody. That was a comic way of passing my message across. Anybody can go to hell if they want to,”
He also identified his pleasure and displeasure in featuring a cross-dresser in movies, stating that it can be comic and at the same time paint a picture of promoting gay practice into Nigerian context.
“Featuring a cross-dresser in a movie can be a comic way of achieving a storyline. The viewers would understand that the individual is a man who is trying to play the role of deceit in the movie. Another instance is writing a script that preaches that being gay is a sin. These kinds of storylines are acceptable. However, it is not acceptable to feature someone who used to be a man and disfigured himself into a woman,”
On his take from Bobrisky's assertion that he is one of the poorest actors in the Nigeria movie Industry, the actor said, “I was very happy with his reply because it shows that he felt bad about the video. When you feel bad about an issue, it shows you know what you are doing is not good. I was laughing when I read what he said about me being the poorest actor in Nollywood.
“I am trying to create a future for the generation yet unborn. Movies are the eyes of the society. I am happy that over 90 per cent of my followers supported my view.  It is my opinion; I am not forcing everyone to agree with it. I just decided to do it in a comic way. If Bobrisky feels pained, let him go into his house and cry. I didn’t want to talk about it because doing that will mean giving him more attention.
“I am only bothered about the future of the movie industry.  The sentence he made about me not being successful as a man may encourage other young men to toe that path. Even if he claims he is not gay, he is encouraging people who have the tendency of being gay. If he is not gay, he should use his platform to tell people that being gay is bad,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[video] China releases a cartoon to mock US over it's accusations

China releases a bizarre Lego-like cartoon, mocking US COVID-19 response after the communist country has been criticized by the US president Donald Trump, for allegedly poor handling of the health crisis.  While China has reported no fatalities from the virus in the country over the past week, the white House has accused China of concealing vital data about the pandemic during it's initial stage, and therefore ordered an investigation into reports that COVID-19 had been caused by an accident at Wuhan institute of virology.  In a short video clip posted by China's official news agency Xinhua, the Chinese slammed the accusation against them, claiming that the US was inconsistent at various stages of the pandemic. Once Upon a Virus, #China responds to the #USA with a cartoon. Thank you @XHNews pic.twitter.com/KcMkvzHilW — tim anderson (@timand2037) April 30, 2020

100 Level Uniport student commits suicide due to depression

A 100 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Port-Harcourt, identified as Hikmat Gbadamosi, has died in a circumstance suspected to be suicide.  Hilbert has been battling with a medical condition since birth, which causes her pain. It is assumed by her friends  that as a result of this terminal illness, Hikmat retorted to taking her own life, by consuming poisonous substance. Instablog reports.  Her friends who discovered her lifeless body, stated that her absence in the test they had a day before, prompted them to mobilize and go to her lodge, where her corpse was found.

Reasons why female youth corp members leave Abuja after their service year

To so many yet to serve Youth corp members who have not visited Abuja before, FCT is to them, the city which will help to shape their life, if they are by chance, posted to Abuja, for a compulsory 1 year National youth service.  Abuja, which was projected to contain maximum of 4 million people, was divided into four phases, and 16 cadastral zones, in the original city master plan, which was designed by the city builders in 1979.  Unlike the city of Lagos which was the Nigerian capital before December 12,1991, when the capital was moved to Aso Rock, by the then military general, Ibrahim Badamosun Babangida, Abuja is a planned city. And it is not hard to see. Although, Abuja is the kind of place where you can by chance meet any of the who is who of the country, and of course the chances of meeting any of the 109 Senators, or the 360 House of Representatives members, or important members of the diplomatic community are always high, if you live in the city's center, or y...